Policies and Community Guidelines
We want everyone to feel welcome on GoodKiddo.com, and we have created these Policies and Guidelines to define the values of the community we want to build. GoodKiddo brings families in your community together to do the things that matter most to them. We encourage members to have conversations about the issues that matter to them in a way that is constructive, civil, and builds community. Let’s build a strong one together.
- Community Standards
Usage and content policies
GoodKiddo is built on trust — we want everyone to know they’re communicating with a real parent or family member, and therefore ask you to use your true identity. GoodKiddo profiles are intended to represent real people in a local area. GoodKiddo member profiles must be honest and authentic.
Every member should feel welcome, safe, and respected when using GoodKiddo. Respecting people’s time, attention, personal choices, and personal boundaries is essential to creating safe and trusting communities. Be respectful in interactions with people and in content posted on the platform. Disagreements aren’t easy, but we can learn a lot from them. We encourage members to approach multi-perspective discussions with compassion and empathy. Focus on the facts or ideas you want to communicate, without attacking the person.
Be Honest: Intentions, Affiliations, Transparency
All members should be open about who they are, their intentions, and their affiliations. All group and event descriptions should be accurate, so members can make informed decisions about their participation.
Be Yourself: Fake Accounts & Impersonation
Creating fake accounts, malicious accounts, or accounts meant to impersonate another person, is prohibited on GoodKiddo.
Content sent to a member that is irrelevant, impersonal, unsolicited, promotional, or repetitive is spam.
Set Appropriate Expectations and Honor Them: Don’t Tamper with Groups or Events
Converting or changing events in a group or event, so that they no longer align with the expectations and purpose set by the organizer and leadership team, is misleading and not allowed. The intentions of the group should remain consistent with member expectations as set in the group description.
Stepping up as organizer in order to change the focus of the group, to close the group, to send or post promotional content, or to send or post content not aligned with the original description of the group, is prohibited. If it is your intention to change the meaning or purpose of a group, we advise that you start a new group instead. If a group gets a new organizer, the mission of that group should stay the same. Events in a group should reflect intentions expressed in the group description.
Altering the content or settings of a group without permission from the main organizer, or in a way that is not aligned with the purpose of that group, is prohibited. Any use of GoodKiddo tools or features to disrupt the group or destroy content for the purpose of undermining or undercutting the established community is a violation of our policies.
Honor Requests for Distance: About Block and Ban Decisions
If you are blocked, you’re blocked. Members must accept and respect any organizer’s decision to ban a member from a group, or a member’s decision to block a member from contacting them. Creating new accounts to circumvent block or ban decisions is prohibited.
Sexual Content and Nudity
Pornography is not allowed on GoodKiddo. Publicly shared photos must be appropriate for general audiences. Nude or sexual photos are not allowed.
Sex Solicitation and Prostitution
GoodKiddo prohibits groups that, or individuals who, use GoodKiddo to proposition for sex, or to promote or engage in prostitution.
Shocking, Disturbing, and Violent Content
Gratuitously graphic, disgusting, obscene, or violent content is prohibited. We don’t allow content posted to upset, shock, or disturb a GoodKiddo community or its members.
GoodKiddo has a zero tolerance policy regarding child pornography or anything GoodKiddo believes exploits, sexualizes, or fetishizes minors. Such content will be removed from the Platform and the uploader will be banned.
Respect Privacy: Don’t Post Other People’s Private Information
Posting other people’s private information without their explicit consent is prohibited. Members and organizers should always be mindful of privacy and use discretion when sharing any private content that belongs to themselves or to other members. For example, phone numbers, social security numbers, addresses, financial information, passwords, and government identification are considered private information.
Bullying, harassment, exploitation, and acts of hate undermine community building in safe spaces where people can trust one another. Building real relationships requires us to be more compassionate and kinder towards one another. GoodKiddo enforces against behaviors that are threatening, intentionally malicious, or personally harmful–physically, emotionally, or mentally.
Be Compassionate: Don’t Harass, Bully or Shame
Harassment and bullying are not allowed on GoodKiddo. GoodKiddo will honor requests to remove content that publicly shames or degrades a private individual. Members should first contact the uploader or the organizer to request that content be removed.
Harassment is persistent or non-consensual contact from another member. Bullying is the intentional posting of mean content for the purpose of hurting or embarrassing another.
GoodKiddo will honor requests to remove nude, lewd or shaming photos if the subject of that content reports it. Content should not make threats against others or advocate violence, including self-harm.
Act with Integrity: Do Not Manipulate or Exploit
Any attempt to use someone’s insecurities or vulnerabilities for personal gain is considered manipulation or exploitation and is prohibited.
Do not discriminate
We do not tolerate racism, hateful language, or discrimination of any kind. Hate speech, supremacy, or behavior that incites hate or violence against individuals or groups of people based on who they are or their beliefs, is prohibited. Racism and discrimination create an environment of exclusion, intimidation, and fear. No one should feel this way in any community.
All organizers and members should take ownership over their personal safety and should never put themselves or others in danger. We expect all organizers and members to be mindful of local laws when engaging with their groups. Where appropriate, organizers should also set guidelines for their events to ensure their members are participating safely.
The overwhelming majority of GoodKiddo users are trustworthy and well-intentioned. Nevertheless, please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe.
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Be especially careful buying/selling high value items.
- Consider making high-value exchanges at your local police station.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
- Trust your instincts.
Taking these simple precautions helps make GoodKiddo safer for everyone.
No Threats, Violence, or Personal Endangerment
Using GoodKiddo to promote, facilitate, or organize violent, criminal, or non-consensual actions that endanger anyone, physically, mentally or emotionally, is prohibited.
Credible threats of violence or aggression will be removed and are grounds for removal.
Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping – deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) – anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don’t accept cashier/certified checks or money orders – banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a “guarantee”.
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing “deal” may not exist.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
Most scams attempts involve one or more of the following:
- Email or text from someone that is not local to your area.
- Vague initial inquiry, e.g. asking about “the item.” Poor grammar/spelling.
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier check, money order, paypal, shipping, escrow service, or a “guarantee.”
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.
GoodKiddo does not allow any content that encourages or glorifies self-injury or encourages others to harm themselves. GoodKiddo communities thrive when you show up to do what you love — together.
We believe the GoodKiddo community deserves to feel welcomed, respected, and excited to connect with each other, whether we do that in person or on social media.
Common reasons for posting removal
- Miscategorized – be sure you’re posting to the right category. Service offerings may only be posted under “services.” Business opportunities do not belong in “jobs.” Wanted ads only in the “wanted” category. Brokers and dealers only in broker/dealer categories (where available).
- Illegal – postings connected to or in facilitation of illegal activity are strictly prohibited.
- Misleading – Keyword spamming, expensive items listed at $1, unexpected/hidden fees.
- Overposting – Post each item/offering no more than once every 48 hours please.
- Response – Responses to other users’ ads don’t belong in the classified categories, please respond via email, and/or take it to the discussion forums.
- Personal Info – posting someone’s personal information is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Spam – spam, misleading, inappropriately commercial, MLM, get rich quick, links to auctions or ecommerce offerings, affiliate marketing, ads for or signposts to other websites.
- Scalping – even where legally permitted, ticket scalping is widely resented, and tickets being resold over face value will tend to get flagged for removal.
- Porn – images that are legally questionable should not be posted.
- Not Local – GoodKiddo is local. Please post only to the single geographic area closest to you or your item/offering. If your area is not yet represented, please contact us to add a new GoodKiddo site.
If your posts on social media conflict with any of these tenets:
- Your post may be removed. You will be privately notified, warned, and encouraged to adjust your actions going forward in order to stay a member of the community.
- If you violate any of these tenets again, we have the right to ban you from our community on all social media channels.
GoodKiddo takes member account privacy very seriously and has strict rules regarding who can access or create a GoodKiddo account. Please know we reserve the right to suspend or remove any account, or limit access to certain features of the Platform, for any reason, at our sole discretion.
Deceased Member Policy
If a member or organizer passes away, GoodKiddo cannot provide access to their account, even to family members or people acting on the behalf of the estate. GoodKiddo will work with families and honor their wishes if they choose to close accounts or groups, or transfer them to another member.
Under 18 Participation
GoodKiddo members and organizers must be at least 18 years of age. Therefore, groups must be targeted at, and only offer opportunities for those who are over 18.
While groups are welcome to provide activities for families, any children present at an event must be supervised and accompanied by an adult guardian.
GoodKiddo may remove certain members when we become aware that the member is a convicted sex offender or has been convicted of a violent, fraudulent, or dangerous crime. GoodKiddo may also remove a member based on their criminal record, for safety, or for other concerns. Members with concerns about criminal or illegal activity should always report it to local authorities.
Copyright and IP
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Posting content that violates another party’s intellectual property rights is prohibited.
When provided with the requisite information, GoodKiddo will remove or disable access to material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or remove accounts of those who may be repeat infringers. Please note that simply hosting an event around a similar topic in a shared location is generally not considered a violation of our policies.
We also provide a mechanism for copyright owners, or those authorized to act on behalf of an owner of a copyright, to report infringing use of their content on the Platform. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to our Copyright Agent. We provide you the requirements of a proper complaint below. For your convenience, the entire text of the DMCA can be found online at: http://www.copyright.gov/legisla….
Note that under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us or our members, if you knowingly materially misrepresent that content or activity is infringing. If you are unclear whether the content at issue is infringing, you should consider contacting an attorney.
A trademark is a word or symbol that identifies the products or services of a company and distinguishes them from the products and services of others. GoodKiddo marks, our logo, designs, slogans, and names, are trademarks of GoodKiddo LLC in the U.S.
At GoodKiddo, we expect our users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Trademarks should not be used in any way that causes confusion about source of goods or sponsorship. If you infringe trademarks of others, Your Content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of others.
It’s important for members and the public are able to identify GoodKiddo’s services without being confused about our association with other companies or websites. If you still have questions or you would like to use our trademarks, please contact us.
We reserve the right to withdraw permission to use the GoodKiddo Marks or otherwise alter these guidelines at any time. GoodKiddo remains the exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in the GoodKiddo Marks.
We may, as a courtesy to trademark owners, conduct a limited inquiry of reasonable complaints of trademark infringement. Our determination of whether the reported content is a violation of our trademark policy depends on both the content that is being used and the context in which it is being used. Using a business name, logo, or other protected content in a way that is confusing or misleading may be a violation of our trademark policy.
What Cookies Are
Cookies are small data files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device. A cookie is a small file containing a unique identifier that is placed in the web browser of your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies and similar technologies (which include pixels, tags, web beacons and software development kits (“SDKs”)) (together “cookies”) enable site operators to recognize your device and collect information from it when you interact with a site. They use this information to understand how the site is being used, remember user preferences and improve users’ browsing experience. Cookies are also used to make the advertising you see online more relevant to your interests.
Cookies set by the site you visit are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by other parties are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality within the site, such as site analytics, advertising and social media features. The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer or device both when it visits the site in question and also when it visits certain other sites and/or apps. We do not control how these third parties use your information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Third party advertisers: We may work with advertisers, and advertising service providers to serve ads that may be relevant to you based on your inferred interests, location or other information collected about you, which may use a cookie or the technologies, placed by GoodKiddo or the third party (although we would not share any other information that identifies you with an advertiser) on our Platform, or on a third party website or online service. The placing of these technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and online services.
In general, the following types of third party cookies may be set when you use GoodKiddo:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics, including Google Analytics cookies, to collect anonymous traffic data to help us analyze how members and visitors access and use GoodKiddo, and for other Analytics services relating to website activity and internet usage. Learn about how Google uses data from Google Analytics and how to opt out from Google Analytics by following the links in the table below.
- Third-Party Cookies From Content Shared By Members: GoodKiddo members may share content on GoodKiddo that originates from a third-party website or service, and that third-party website or service may set its own cookies when you interact with that content. For example, if a member posts a video from YouTube on GoodKiddo, YouTube may set a cookie when you click to watch the video.
- Pixels: Our advertising partners may use pixels or similar technology to measure the success of the sponsored posts or other advertising products they use. A “pixel” (also sometimes called web beacon, or clear GIF) is a tiny piece of code, invisible to the user, placed on a webpage or in an email and used in combination with a cookie, to link a given activity or impression back to the user; the advertiser includes it in its content so it can measure whether our members interact with that content (for example, by clicking to view an offer). We may set our own pixel on an advertiser’s website so we can measure whether our members found the advertiser’s content effective or interesting, by determining whether the sponsored post prompted members to take advantage of the advertised offer. This information helps us assess whether sponsored posts and other advertising offers are relevant and interesting to our members and successful for the advertiser.
- SDKs: We and our partners and service providers may include SDKs in the GoodKiddo apps. SDKs operate like cookies and allow us to understand how our app is used and what actions occur in relation to the app, including when a member signs up or logs in. SDKs are also used for advertising purposes including for measurement, personalization and to create similar audiences to advertise to.
Duration of Cookies
Some cookies, known as “session cookies”, will stay on your device only for as long as you are accessing our Platform. Others, known as “persistent cookies”, are stored on your device for longer periods.
Use of Other Technologies
We may allow others to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf. In addition to the uses of cookies described above, these entities may use other methods, such as the technologies described below, to collect information about your use of the Platform and other websites and online services.
Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels), are small pieces of code that can be embedded on websites and emails. Pixels tags may be used to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails, and this information helps us and our partners provide you with a more tailored experience.
A device identifier is a unique label can be used to identify a mobile device. Device identifiers may be used to track, analyze and improve the performance of the Platform and ads delivered.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that enables the storage and retrieval of data on a computer, mobile phone or other device. Local storage may be used to store member preferences on devices.
Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to remove or reject cookies. You can learn more about how to block cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
Revisions to this Policy
- Groups and Events Policies
Guidelines to help members and organizers succeed on GoodKiddo
At GoodKiddo, we believe that real-life community is also really, really important. When people come together, they create new possibilities for each other. Ideas spread, networks form, movements start.
GoodKiddo exists to help people grow into the people they want to be and live happy and fulfilling lives by finding the communities that will help them thrive.
To make this possible, GoodKiddo requires groups to meet some basic requirements.
Offer a growth opportunity
GoodKiddo events should offer opportunities for members to better themselves in some way. This could mean:
- Teaching or learning something new
- Developing a new skill
- Meeting new people
- Building community
- Volunteering for a cause
- Supporting each other
- Increasing awareness about a specific topic
- Getting fit and active
- Exploring new places
Host events that create real human connections
GoodKiddo is a platform that helps people make real-life connections. Events must focus on creating an experience that adds value for attendees. People should leave GoodKiddo events feeling inspired or more connected to their community in some way.
Here are a few examples of what’s acceptable to post as a GoodKiddo event:
- Discussions that offer new perspectives
- Adventures that get people out of their comfort zones
- Hangouts that allow people to get to know each other
- Tours that help people discover new places and ideas
- Workshops that help people sharpen their skills
- Games that connect people through fun, shared experiences
Meet in real life
Connecting online is just not the same as connecting in real life. GoodKiddo groups need to meet locally and in-person so that real-life communities can grow.
Have a host present at events
It can be a little intimidating to show up to an event where you don’t know anyone, so having a host at every event is important for making members feel comfortable and welcome. All GoodKiddo events must have an in-person host present to help connect attendees, manage relationships with venues, and bring structure to the events. The host must, at a minimum, make members aware of the event location, and act as a point of contact during the event. If a business or an organization is sponsoring an event, the event description must identify a contact person who will be present at the event.
If GoodKiddo receives reports that there is no one present in-person hosting a Meetup group’s events, we may remove the group at our sole discretion.
Be honest and transparent about your group’s intentions
GoodKiddo organizers must always be honest and transparent with their members so that everyone knows what to expect at the group’s events. Group and event names and descriptions must accurately convey sufficient information that allows members to make informed decisions about their participation. This includes, at a minimum, being clear about:
- The nature of the group’s activities, interests, and intentions
- The group’s membership requirements
- The group’s affiliation, if the group is associated with a business, organization, or any other third party
If GoodKiddo receives reports that a group is not accurately disclosing any of this information, we may remove the group at our sole discretion.
Prohibited group and event practices on GoodKiddo
There are a few types of communities that we cannot support on our platform due to safety, legal, or ethical reasons. If GoodKiddo determines that your group or its events fall into any of the following categories, we may remove the group at our sole discretion.
GoodKiddo does not support groups and events related to any of the followings:
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that could promote or facilitate illegal or violent activity.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that could threaten public or personal safety.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that incite hate, violence, or harassment against individuals or groups of people based on personal attributes such as race, color, religion, descent, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, or a medical or genetic condition.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that organize, promote, provide for, distribute services for, or recruit for terrorist organizations.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that contain medical misinformation.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that contain financial guarantees.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that conceal or misrepresent the primary purpose of the group or its events.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that involve pick-up or seduction techniques, or wingman tactics.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that promote or facilitate sex trafficking, prostitution, or any other type of sexual exploitation.
- Groups and events must not contain pornography or publicly shared nude or sexual photos.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that involve regulated services provided by licensed medical or legal professionals. GoodKiddo does not validate professional credentials or licenses. However, groups and events focused on group activities promoted by these professionals are allowed.
Targeted to individuals under 18
GoodKiddo members and organizers must be at least 18 years old. GoodKiddo groups and events must be only targeted to people over the age of 18.
Family groups are more than welcome on GoodKiddo, but all children present at the event must be supervised and accompanied by an adult guardian.
You are responsible for ensuring that your Page, Group, or Event complies with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
Pages, Groups, and Events must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading business practices, including those intended to scam people out of money or personal information.
Collecting Data From Users
If you collect content and information directly from users, your Page, Group or Event must make it clear that you (and not GoodKiddo) are collecting it, and must provide notice about and obtain user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless of how you obtain content and information from members, you are responsible for securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.
Automated Collection of Data
Your Page, Group or Event must not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access GoodKiddo, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without written permission from GoodKiddo.
Calls to Action
Your Page, Group or Event cannot use information obtained from a person’s interaction with your Page’s call-to-action button for any purpose other than to provide the service associated with the call-to-action button. If you want to use this information for any other purpose, first obtain a person’s explicit consent.
Organizer and leadership standards: Best organizer practices
Respect the Original Intent: Don’t Tamper with Groups or Events
Converting a group or changing or adding events, so they no longer align with the expectations and purpose set by the organizer and leadership team, is prohibited on the grounds that it is misleading.
The intentions of the group should remain generally consistent with member expectations. While groups often evolve and change over time, changes should be agreed upon by group membership and well-communicated, so people can make informed decisions about their continued participation.
It is prohibited to step up as organizer to a group in order to change the focus of the group, close the group, send or post promotional content, or to send or post content not aligned with the original description of the group. If it is your intention to change the meaning or purpose of a group, we advise that you start a new group instead. If a group gets a new organizer, the mission of that group should stay the same. Events in a group should reflect intentions expressed in the group description.
It is prohibited to alter the content or settings of a group without permission from the main organizer, or in a way that is not aligned with the purpose of that group. Any use of GoodKiddo tools or features to disrupt the group or destroy content for the purpose of undermining or undercutting the established community is a violation of our policies.
Message Respectfully: Don’t Spam Members
Content sent to a member that is irrelevant, impersonal, unsolicited, promotional, or repetitive is spam, and organizers may be blocked for spamming members.
Use Respectful Language
Using profanity in an attacking, sexual way, or in a way intended to offend people, is prohibited in group and event titles, descriptions, or any other area that is publicly promoted or viewable on the Platform.
Be Clear & Professional: Editorial Requirements
In order to provide a quality experience to our members, titles of groups and events are to be relevant, useful, and easy to understand. Excessive or improper use of punctuation, symbols, capitalization, spacing, URLs, or repetition, intended to grab attention for a group or event, will need to be edited.
We consider the following examples to be excessive or gimmicky use of numbers, symbols, punctuation, repetition, or spacing: !!Dance!!!, d*a*n*c*e, DANCE, DaNcE, d a n c e, or d@nce.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Posting content that violates another party’s intellectual property rights is prohibited.
When provided with the requisite information, GoodKiddo will remove or disable access to material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or remove accounts of those who may be repeat infringers. Please note that simply holding a group around a similar topic in a shared location, is generally not considered a violation of our policies.
- Commerce Policy
Understanding Our Policies
Products and services sold on GoodKiddo must comply with our Terms and Policies. Our Commerce Policy provides rules on the types of products and services that can be offered for sale on GoodKiddo. Buyers and sellers are also responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including, but not limited to, removal of listings and other content, rejection of product tags, or suspension or termination of access to GoodKiddo commerce surfaces or features. If you repeatedly post content that violates our policies, we may take additional action on your account. We reserve the right to reject, approve, or remove any listing for any reason at any time, in our sole discretion.
Users must comply with all applicable laws, the GoodKiddo Terms of Service, and all posted site rules.
Here is a partial list of goods, services, and content prohibited on GoodKiddo commerce surfaces and features:
- weapons; firearms/guns and components; BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; etc
- ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives
- recalled items; hazardous materials; body parts/fluids; unsanitized bedding/clothing
- prescription drugs, medical devices; controlled substances and related items
- alcohol or tobacco; unpackaged or adulterated food or cosmetics
- child pornography; bestiality; offers or solicitation of illegal prostitution
- pet sales (re-homing with small adoption fee ok), animal parts, stud service
- ivory; endangered, imperiled and/or protected species and any parts thereof
- false, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content; bait and switch; keyword spam
- offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or malicious postings or email
- anyone’s personal, identifying, confidential or proprietary information
- food stamps, WIC vouchers, SNAP or WIC goods, governmental assistance
- stolen property, property with serial number removed/altered, burglary tools, etc
- ID cards, licenses, police insignia, government documents, birth certificates, etc
- US military items not demilitarized in accord with Defense Department policy
- counterfeit, replica, or pirated items; tickets or gift cards that restrict transfer
- lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, slot machines, gambling items
- spam; miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content
- postings or email the primary purpose of which is to drive traffic to a website
- postings or email offering, promoting, or linking to unsolicited products or services
- affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes
- any good, service, or content that violates the law or legal rights of others
Please don’t use GoodKiddo for these purposes, and flag anyone else you see doing so. Please be sure items are safe to use and legal to sell.
The following Jobs Policies provide guidance on what types of employment posts are allowed on GoodKiddo. These policies, along with our Community Standards, govern posts for employment, including all Job posts on Pages and in Groups.
- Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that are misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent. If you’re sending people to your website to finish the application, your link should take them directly to the job post that you advertised on GoodKiddo so that applicants can immediately submit an application. The link should not link to your homepage.
- Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that involve illegal activity, products, or services. For example, the use, sale, or service of illegal drugs.
- Job posts must not discriminate against applicants based on any protected characteristics, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition or any other basis protected under federal, state or local law.Job posts must comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination. For example, “Only looking for female applicants”, “Must be under age 35 to apply”, “No Catholic applicants welcome”, “Unmarried applicants preferred”.
Job posts that encourage only certain protected groups to apply violate our jobs discrimination policies. If an employer would like to indicate a desire for diverse applicants, the employer may indicate that protected groups are welcome to apply as part of an overall message that all applicants are welcome.
The following examples do not violate our jobs discrimination policies because they encourage all applicants to apply, including people from particular protected groups:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply including women and minorities.
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including minorities and persons with disabilities.
- We are an organization that values diversity. We encourage all applicants including women and people of color.
Job posts that contain gender-specific titles violate our jobs discrimination policies.
- Job posts must not promote employment opportunities in a sexually suggestive manner.
- Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that require adult services or use of adult products.
- Job posts must not solicit personal identification or financial information from any potential applicants.
- Job posts must clearly and fully describe the product or business model it is promoting. Job posts must not promote employment opportunities for business models that offer quick compensation for little investment, including multilevel marketing opportunities.
- Job posts must not impersonate a brand, company, entity, or public figure. This includes falsely representing an association with a business.
- Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that involve illegal or recreational drugs, products, and services.
- Job posts must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers and letters must be used properly without the intention of circumventing our review process and enforcement systems.
Thanks for helping keep GoodKiddo safe and useful for everyone.
- Advertising Terms
The following term apply to our creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, “Ad Interfaces”) and any order you place through the Ad Interfaces (“Ad Order”). The term “Customer” or “you”, as used herein, means the entity whose content will be displayed by GoodKiddo through the Ad Service pursuant to these Ad Terms. Where applicable in respect of the placement of Orders through the Ad Service, the term “Customer” may also be used to refer to any agent acting on the advertiser’s behalf (“Agency”). BY ACCEPTING THESE AD TERMS, PLACING AN ORDER OR UTILIZING ANY PART OF THE AD SERVICE IN ANY MANNER, CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND AFFIRMS HAVING READ, UNDERSTOOD, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE AD TERMS.
Customer authorizes GoodKiddo to place advertisements, related technology and other content that Customer provides in connection with the Ad Service (“Ad Content”) on any GoodKiddo or third party product or property made available in connection with the Ad Service.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your account.
We do not use sensitive personal data for ad targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your ad don’t reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of the people who use GoodKiddo.
Once displayed, ads are public information. Ads may be re-shared and accessed outside of the targeted audience. GoodKiddo may disclose your advertising content, and all information associated with your advertising, to a governmental entity or body if GoodKiddo believes that disclosure would assist in a lawful investigation.
If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
For policies that require prior written permission, GoodKiddo may grant these permissions. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy and the amount you want to spend. GoodKiddo will determine the size, placement and positioning of Ad Content in its sole discretion. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we use best efforts to deliver the ads to achieve the outcome you select, though we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target or achieve the outcome.
- Your ads must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines, as well as our Advertising Policies. You are responsible for including any legally required disclosures in the Ad Content. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your account.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason. We may modify or cancel the Ad Service in whole or part at any time.
- You will pay for your Order in accordance with the following:
- You will comply with our Payment Terms to the extent applicable.
- You will pay all amounts specified in each Order you place, along with any applicable taxes. The amount you owe for each Order will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- By placing an Order, you authorize us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau, either when you place an Order or at any time thereafter.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any Orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- If you are making direct debit payments, you agree that we can charge you any amount that falls within the range you agreed to upon signup. We will notify you in advance if any charge will exceed the agreed-upon range.
- You can cancel an Order, but your ads may run for 24 hours after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for all ads that run. Upon cancellation or expiration of an Order, the licenses granted in these Ad Terms will expire immediately; provided, however, some Ad Content may persist for a period of time and the licenses granted by you to GoodKiddo in these Ad Terms extend for (i) those purposes and (ii) for GoodKiddo’s advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes. Further, you understand that once displayed, Ad Content is public information and may be shared and accessed outside of your targeted audience.
- The amounts we charge you may be subject to and include applicable taxes and levies, including without limitation withholding taxes. You are responsible for bearing and remitting any taxes that apply to your transactions. You will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
- If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take additional steps to collect past due amounts. You will pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees. Past due amounts will accrue interest at 1% per month or the lawful maximum, whichever is less.
- We may allow you to purchase ads with an “Advertiser Balance,” which is a pre-paid balance that can be used solely to purchase ads on GoodKiddo. Advertiser Balances are only for business or commercial purposes. Advertiser Balances are non-refundable except where required by law. GoodKiddo is not a bank and does not offer banking services; accordingly, Advertiser Balances do not earn interest, are not deposit obligations, and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
- You will fall under one of two categories depending on your payment method: invoiced or non-invoiced client. Invoiced clients are those for whom GoodKiddo sets a maximum spending limit and issues invoices for payment in accordance with the applicable invoicing terms. Non-invoiced clients are those who must make payments at the time of purchase itself. In its sole discretion, GoodKiddo may classify clients as invoiced clients based on factors such as ad spend and creditworthiness.
- From time to time, we need to test improvements to our audiences and delivery systems, which could impact your advertising. Our testing is designed to improve the effectiveness of your advertising performance. We reserve the right to test when we believe it will be beneficial for advertiser performance.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- Scheduling of delivery is subject to availability and may not be continuous.
- We do not guarantee the reach or performance that your ads will receive, such as the number of people who will see your ads or the number of clicks your ads will get.
- We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We may have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
- Our license to deliver your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that:
- Once displayed, ads are public information. Ads may be re-shared and accessed outside of the targeted audience.
- You consent that GoodKiddo may disclose your advertising content, and all information associated with your advertising, to a governmental entity or body if GoodKiddo believes that disclosure would assist in a lawful investigation.
- We may provide you with reports about the kinds of people seeing your ads and how your ads are performing. Your use of these reports is subject to the Data Use Restrictions and You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any GoodKiddo advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure. We may provide a business, and all those who advertise for the business, with information about the number of ads being run for the business across the GoodKiddo Platform and any applicable restrictions on those ads.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with GoodKiddo without our prior written permission.
- If you are placing ads on someone else’s behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, and agree as follows:
- You represent and warrant that you have the authority to and will bind the advertiser to these Ad Terms and the Terms of Service, and the Commerce Policy, to which you also agree.
- If the advertiser you represent violates these Ad Terms, the Terms of Service, or the Commerce Policy, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
- You agree that we may provide campaign reporting information to the end advertiser for whom you placed a campaign.
- You shall ensure that: (i) GoodKiddo Ad Data is only shared with companies or individuals acting on your behalf, such as its service providers or data processors and (ii) its service providers protect GoodKiddo Ad Data, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your use of a specific feature or functionality made available through the Ad Interfaces. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with these Ad Terms, the supplemental terms will govern with respect to your use of the specific feature or functionality to the extent of the conflict. We may change or update these Ad Terms from time to time and your continued use of the Ad Interfaces constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GoodKiddo, and its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates, from and against all damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) (“Losses”) relating to any claim, action, suit or proceeding brought by a third party (“Claims”) arising out of or related to: (i) the Ad Content or Ad Service; (ii) any actual or alleged breach by you or your Agent of these Ad Terms or your representations and warranties set forth herein; (iii) your use of the Ad Service; (iv) breach of any Applicable Laws; and (v) your gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- You grant to GoodKiddo a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid up, transferable and sublicensable right and license to access, use, store, distribute, reproduce, modify, transmit, perform, display and publish the Ad Content in inventory placements on the Platform and as otherwise necessary to provide the Ad Services. As between you and GoodKiddo, you acknowledge and agree that GoodKiddo owns all right, title and interest (including, all intellectual property and proprietary rights) in and to the Ad Services and the Reporting Data.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) the Ad Content does not infringe or misappropriate the rights of any third party; (ii) the Ad Content could not reasonably be determined to tarnish the goodwill of GoodKiddo; (iii) all Ad Content is free of viruses and/or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, or expropriate any GoodKiddo system data or information; (iv) clicking on Ad Content will not cause damage to or interfere with a user’s computer or other device or expropriate any user system data or information, change a user’s settings, or create a series of sequential, stand-alone advertisements (including by pop-up or pop-under window); (v) it will not engage in, nor cause others to engage in, spamming or improper, malicious, or fraudulent clicking, impression, or marketing activities relating to the Ad Service; (vi) it will not reverse engineer, disassemble, reconstruct, decompile, copy, or create derivative works of the Ad Service, or any aspect or portion thereof; and (vii) it will not provide access to the Ad Service, except to any Agency who is bound in writing by use and confidentiality restrictions which are no less protective of GoodKiddo than those contained in these Ad Terms.
- Each party will take all measures to protect the secrecy of, and to avoid disclosure and unauthorized use of another party’s Confidential Information to a third party except: (i) to employees or agents who need to know it and who have agreed in writing to confidentiality obligations at least as protective as in these Ad Terms; (ii) as required by law after using reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of such disclosure; or (iii) with the disclosing party’s consent. “Confidential Information” means information disclosed by a party to the other party under these Ad Terms or in connection with use of the Ad Service, that is marked confidential or would reasonably be considered confidential under the circumstances, and excludes information that: (a) was publicly known and made generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure; (b) becomes publicly known and made generally available after disclosure other than through the receiving party’s action or inaction; or (c) is in the receiving party’s possession, without confidentiality restrictions, prior to the time of disclosure, as shown by the receiving party’s files and records. All Confidential Information will remain the disclosing party’s personal property.
- THE AD SERVICE AND ALL RELATED INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, COVENANTS OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. GoodKiddo does not warrant that the Ad Service, materials or content provided therein will operate uninterrupted or error free, nor does GoodKiddo warrant any results obtained through the use of the Ad Service. To the maximum extent permitted by law, GoodKiddo disclaims all warranties and representations (express, implied, oral or written) with respect to the Ad Service, Reporting Data, and information, materials and content therein, whether arising by operation of law, reason of custom or use in trade, course of dealing, or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness, suitability, non-infringement and condition of title.
- EXCEPT FOR (i) CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS, (ii) YOUR INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, AND (iii) A PARTY’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) NO PARTY WILL BE LIABLE UNDER THESE AD TERMS FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES (SUCH AS INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES), AND (B) EXCEPT FOR AMOUNTS DUE AND PAYABLE BY YOU HEREUNDER, GOODKIDDO’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OUR RELATING TO THESE AD TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ALREADY PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO GOODKIDDO IN THE THREE-MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- These Ad Terms, together with any additional terms that reference these Ad Terms as the controlling document, constitute the entire agreement between you and GoodKiddo with respect to the use of the Ad Service. Where you use certain features or functionality of the Ad Service, additional terms for such features may be presented via the Ad Service and are deemed accepted by you through use of such features or functionality.
- If a dispute arises (except for payment disputes, which will be resolved as described in the Payment Terms), you agree to provide GoodKiddo with notice of the dispute, and to provide a fifteen (15) business day resolution period in which you and GoodKiddo may attempt to work out the dispute informally. If, after the fifteen (15) business day resolution period, you and GoodKiddo cannot work out the dispute, you agree to bring any dispute or claim arising out of use of the Ad Service and these Ad Terms in binding arbitration before a single, mutually agreed upon arbitrator. As an alternative to arbitration, you or GoodKiddo may bring a claim in “small claims” court if permitted by that small claims court’s rules. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- NOTHING IN THESE AD TERMS IS INTENDED TO LIMIT A PARTY’S NON-WAIVABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS. If any provision of these Ad Terms is found invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder of the Ad Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- No part of these Ad Terms creates any agency, partnership, or joint venture between the parties.
- GoodKiddo may amend these Ad Terms at any time. The modified Ad Terms will be posted on this page, will not apply retroactively, and will become effective 7 days after posting, except for changes made for legal reasons, which will become effective immediately.
- Payments under these Ad Terms are governed by the Payment Terms, incorporated herein by reference.
5. Payment Terms
These Marketplace Payment Terms form a legally binding contract between You and/or Agent and GoodKiddo, govern payments for the Marketplace feature, and are incorporated into the Commerce Policy. We have provided some section headers for your convenience, but you should carefully read through these Community Payments Terms (the “Payments Terms”) in order to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as ours.
All GoodKiddo Marketplace postings are free. Job listing is currently free for the member or organization accessing this Platform in the capacity as an employer. GoodKiddo may, in its sole discretion and at any time, end employers’ free use of Jobs and begin to charge employers to use the feature.
When you make a purchase, you authorize us to charge your account. Any tax is additional. Fees are non-refundable, even for posts we remove, delay, omit, re-categorize, re-rank, or otherwise moderate. We may refuse any posting and/or Ad content. Paid posting account features:
- Tools for managing paid postings.
- Pay invoices online.
- Making Payments
- Pay attention to the details and terms of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, or shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for paying.
- You acknowledge that any Marketplace products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by us. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE GOODKIDDO PLATFORM.
- Payment Methods
- Payment credentials: For your convenience, we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, and other payment methods.
- Authority: When you provide a payment credential to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that payment credential. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment credential you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that payment credential, along with other related transaction information. We may also use certain payment card updater services, whose availability varies by issuer, to ensure we have the most up-to-date information about payment credential we store.
- Authorization: If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount, which may be as high as the full price of your payment. Your card will be charged at the time you initiate a payment, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed payments: If your transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
- Incompatibility: You may at some point encounter an app or feature that does not support the payment method you would prefer to use; however, you can select a different type of payment instrument (such as credit or debit card, or mobile operator billing).
- Mobile billing: Mobile operator billing is another payment method we may provide for your convenience. If you use mobile billing as a payment credential, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- By choosing the mobile billing payment method, you agree that we and your mobile operator may exchange information about you in order to facilitate completion or reversal of payments, resolution of disputes, provision of customer support, or other billing-related activity.
- You are responsible for any charges, fees, changes to your mobile plan service or billing, alterations to your mobile device, or any other consequence that may arise out of your use of mobile billing.
- If you use mobile billing, you are bound not only by these Payments Terms, but also by the terms and conditions of your mobile operator.
- If you have questions about any charges or fees that appear on your mobile phone bill, you may contact your mobile provider’s customer service division.
- Sometimes, use of mobile billing may lead to charges that, for various technical reasons beyond our control, cannot be refunded to you. In these cases, we have the right, but not the obligation, to issue you a courtesy credit.
- Actions We May Take
- At-will use: We may revoke your eligibility to make payments through the GoodKiddo Platform at any time at our sole discretion.
- Inquiries: By using payments features through the GoodKiddo Platform, you acknowledge and agree that we may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- Our right to cancel: We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Payments Terms or the Terms of Service, or if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance accumulated, transferred, assigned, or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behavior.
- Payment limitations: In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit payment credentials for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a payment, or deactivate your account.
- Sharing of information: In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your payment credential issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- Abandoned Property: If you leave a Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
- Disputes and Reversals
- No liability for underlying transaction: If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased or over the donation you made, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction or for how the third party used your donation. Our only responsibility is to handle your payment transaction. All payments are final unless otherwise required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your payment.
- Fraud Warning: Use of GoodKiddo Platform to perform fraudulent transactions may result in the loss of funds with no recourse.
- Duty to notify us: If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Technical difficulties: If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your payment to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time. We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
- Notices and Amendments to These Payments Terms
- Notice to you: By using payments features through the Platform, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your payments or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent.
- Amendment guidelines: We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
- Additional Terms
- Terms of Service and conflict of terms: Our Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your use of payments features through the Platform. In the event of any conflict between these Payments Terms and the Terms, the Payments Terms shall prevail.
These Ad Service Payment Terms form a legally binding contract between Customer, You and/or Agent and GoodKiddo, govern payments for the Ad Service, and are incorporated into the Advertising Terms (the “Ad Terms”).
- Customer will pay all charges incurred in connection with the Ad Service based on the applicable billing metric (e.g. impressions, engagements, clicks or other metrics) (“Charges”). Charges will be based solely on GoodKiddo’s measurements and are inclusive of any applicable taxes. Customer will pay all applicable taxes and other government charges. If an Order is subject to taxes (including value-added taxes (“VAT”) or goods and services taxes) and Customer is required by Applicable Law to remit and report those taxes, Customer agrees to remit and report those taxes to the appropriate taxing authority.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Customer waives all claims related to Charges not disputed in writing 60 days after the applicable invoice or credit card charge. GoodKiddo may extend, revise or revoke credit and invoice billing to Customer at any time in GoodKiddo’s sole discretion. Customer is responsible for maintaining the security of its advertising account and acknowledges and understands that Customer will be charged for any Orders placed on or through Customer’s advertising account.
- If Customer sets a daily budget for an Ad campaign, Customer acknowledges that Ads may run that exceed such daily budget, but Customer will not be charged for Charges incurred for Ads that run in excess of ten percent (10%) of such daily budget.
- By placing an Order, Customer authorizes GoodKiddo to obtain credit reports on Customer from one or more credit bureaus, either when Customer places an Order or any time thereafter. GoodKiddo may extend, revise, or revoke credit to Customer at any time in its sole discretion. If Customer’s credit is or becomes impaired, GoodKiddo may require payment in advance of any purchase via the Ad Service or may disable Customer’s ability to make Orders via the Ad Service.
- Customer will either be an “Invoiced Customer” or “Non-Invoiced Customer.” Invoiced Customers are those to whom GoodKiddo extends a credit line and issues invoices for payment on a periodic basis in accordance with the applicable invoicing terms. Non-invoiced Customers are those who make payments at the time of purchase. GoodKiddo may classify Customer as an Invoiced Customer or Non-Invoiced Customer in its sole discretion based on factors such as Order spend and creditworthiness.
- If GoodKiddo classifies Customer as a Non-Invoiced Customer, Customer will submit its credit card information for payment, and Customer authorizes GoodKiddo or GoodKiddo’s third-party payment processor (as applicable) to obtain pre-authorization and charge Customer’s credit card for Charges at GoodKiddo’s convenience, including but not limited to at the time the Order is submitted, at the time any changes are made to the Order, such as Customer increasing its budget for an Ad campaign, or on a recurring basis in accordance with the Order schedule. Customer is solely responsible for any additional fees (e.g. overage fees) resulting from the use of the credit card for payment. Customer authorizes GoodKiddo or its third-party payment processor to store Customer’s information, as updated from time to time, and, if needed, to continue billing the payment method until the Order for Ad Service has been fulfilled. If GoodKiddo does not receive payment from Customer’s payment card issuer, their agents, or from Customer’s alternative payment method, Customer remains obligated to pay GoodKiddo for any orders delivered, and agrees to pay all amounts due upon request from GoodKiddo or its agents. CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL AMOUNTS BILLED TO CUSTOMER’S PAYMENT METHOD, WHETHER OR NOT AUTHORIZED BY CUSTOMER.
- If GoodKiddo approves Customer as an Invoiced Customer, GoodKiddo will invoice Customer for all Charges and Customer will pay all Charges Net 30 days from its receipt of an invoice, provided GoodKiddo may charge Customer’s credit card, if submitted, for late unpaid invoices.
- Late Payments
If Customer’s payment method fails, or an invoice becomes past due, GoodKiddo may take steps to collect past due amounts using collection mechanisms it deems appropriate and it may terminate Customer’s use of the Ad Service. Late payments will bear interest at a rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permitted by law, whichever is less. Customer will pay reasonable expenses and attorneys’ fees GoodKiddo incurs in collecting late payment.
If Customer or GoodKiddo cancels an Order before the Order runs, GoodKiddo will issue a full refund of payments already made for that Order. If Customer or GoodKiddo cancels an Order while that Order is running, GoodKiddo may provide a partial refund so that Customer only pays for the time the Order ran. For Non-Invoiced Customers, it may take 3-5 business days for the refund to appear in the Customer’s account. Customer agrees that the above described refund constitutes Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and that Customer is responsible for, and Customer’s payment method may be charged for, all fees associated with Orders already processed before cancellation.
- Agency Liability
If Agency uses the Ad Service on behalf of a Customer then GoodKiddo may hold Agency liable for Charges solely to the extent Agency has received payment from the Customer for such Charges. In the event GoodKiddo does not receive payment when due, GoodKiddo may immediately seek payment directly from the Customer. Agency agrees to make every reasonable effort to collect and clear payment from the Customer on a timely basis. Upon request from GoodKiddo, Agency will make available to GoodKiddo written confirmation of the relationship between Customer and Agency, which confirmation shall include at a minimum: (i) Customer’s acknowledgment that Agency is its agent and is authorized to act on its behalf in connection with the Ad Services and (ii) whether Customer has paid Agency advance funds sufficient to make payments for Charges incurred in connection with the Ad Services.
Revisions to these Policies and Guidelines
We may modify these policies and guidelines from time to time. When we do, we will provide notice to you by publishing the most current version and revising the date at the top of this page. If we make any material change to these policies and guidelines, we will provide additional notice to you, such as by sending you an email, or displaying a prominent notice on our Platform. By continuing to use the Platform after any changes come into effect, you agree to the revised policies and guidelines.