1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
GoodKiddo collects two types of information about and from its members: personal information and non-personal information. We collect the information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source. Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. To access certain Content and features of the Platform, or to purchase any products or services made available via the Platform, you must create a Member Account and provide certain personal information such as your name, phone number, billing address, email address, and payment method information (e.g., credit card, bank, or PayPal account numbers). You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal information you submit to GoodKiddo. Your Member Account is password protected so that access to your personal information is limited to yourself and any other parties with whom you choose to share your User ID and password with. GoodKiddo and its strategic partners collect the following types of personal information: (a) information obtained from user transactions involving the Platform (e.g., Contributions you elect to Share via the Platform and User Account registrations, updates, and activities), and (b) information you provide to GoodKiddo in response to any communications to you, including those to verify credit card information and/or your identity. GoodKiddo uses industry-leading encryption standards for your Personal Information. For example, your credit card number will always be stored in an encrypted form.
The security of your account also depends on keeping your account password confidential. You should not share your account name or password with anyone. If you give your password to someone else (like a significant other, your boss, or a website), they will have access to your account and your Personal Information.
2. COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
GoodKiddo and its strategic partners also collect non-personal information (i.e., data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person). Examples of non-personal information collected include, but are not limited to: data from users’ use of the Platform, including, but not limited to, (a) demographic information (e.g., user occupation, language, zip code, area code); (b) users’ computer and mobile device information (including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, operating systems, and browser software used by users of the Platform); and (c) data regarding how the Platform is being used (e.g., which pages of the Platform are visited, the order in which they are visited, which links are “clicked-through,” and the amount of traffic on the Platform).
Your browser and device
Like nearly every other online service, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use GoodKiddo or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This provides us with technical information when you use GoodKiddo as a visitor or a member, including:
- Device data, which tells about the device you’re using, such as what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log data, which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used GoodKiddo (for example, which links you clicked on).
- Pixels, SDKs and other storage technologies, which operate similar to cookies and are used by us, as well as by certain third parties, such as social media networks and advertiser platforms, to collect or receive information from our and other websites and apps to provide measurement services and target ads.
How We Use Your Information
When you give your personal financial information to GoodKiddo, we only use this information to help you make payments on the Platform. We do not sell your personal information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. GoodKiddo uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the Platform and make the Platform available to the public, communicate with you about your use of the Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Platform.
- Advertising. To display interest-based advertising to you in the Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, to pre-fill forms in ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services. We allow you to unsubscribe so that you will not receive future marketing messages. After unsubscribing we will discontinue sending the particular messages as soon as technically feasible.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Platform; to evaluate and improve the Platform, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Platform. We may also use the information we have for other purposes where permitted by law.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of GoodKiddo, its users, or others.
Your Content and Public Information. Your content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the Platform and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share your content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines. In some cases, we may charge for access to your content and public information on the Platform.
Metrics. We may share with our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information, but certain features may allow you to share your personal information with advertisers on our platform if you choose to do so. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
We won’t sell your personal financial information to anyone outside of GoodKiddo. We will only give personal financial info when it’s needed to process your payment, or if it’s a legal requirement, like in response to a subpoena or an independent audit, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues. We require that anyone who receives this information will only use it for those specific purposes.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications). Since cookies are stored on your internet browser, they can be deleted by you anytime (via your own browser); but before you do so, remember that they are used solely to enable us to serve you better. With cookies turned off, certain features of the Platform may work less efficiently or not at all. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or pass on computer viruses. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not intentionally store any personal information that your browser provided to us in your cookies.
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies. We use Google Analytics to better understand how users use the Platform. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If GoodKiddo learns it has collected the personal information of an individual under the age of 18, then we will delete such information as soon as practicable. By using the Platform, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
3. SECURITY MEASURES
GoodKiddo and its strategic partners employ a variety of security and risk management technologies, including Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption, for the secure exchange of your personal information, including your User ID, password, and other User Account information, through a variety of security and risk management measures, including the utilization of SSL encryption. This prevents such data from being read in an intelligible form as it is transmitted to the Platform and helps ensure the security of transactions through the Platform. In addition, GoodKiddo and its strategic partners take various precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures to prevent unauthorized access to the information collected, and to safeguard such information from loss, alteration, theft, and misuse. Please note, while GoodKiddo and its strategic partners take the reasonable steps described herein to protect your personal information, GoodKiddo cannot and does not guarantee, represent, or warrant that any information transmitted via the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are or will be free from error, delay, interruption, or interception.All such transmissions of personal information are at your own risk, and you remain solely and entirely responsible for the security of your personal information.
If the Platform prompts or allows you to upload a picture, you agree not to use any image that impersonates some other person or entity, or that is otherwise likely to cause confusion.
You are responsible for protecting your username, email, and password for the Platform, and you agree not to disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether or not you authorized it. You agree to inform us of unauthorized use of your account, by email. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your interactions on the Platform, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network, or other appropriate measures.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We’re committed to keeping your non-public personal financial information confidential. This information includes your credit card or other payment method information. GoodKiddo has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Account and Profile Information. When you create an account and profile on the Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing by the public and other users of the Platform. Once you create a profile, others will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the Platform, such as the questions and answers you post, your connections, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to your content.
Your Content. We collect the information and content that you post to the Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the Platform, along with your name. This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, through the Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Legal and safety reasons
We may retain, preserve, or share your personal information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g. a subpoena, a search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Terms of Service or any other agreements we have with you; (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including you and members of the general public. For example, we may share your personal information with disaster relief agencies, first responders, and other individuals to facilitate disaster or emergency response efforts.
We retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary to provide the Platform. We may need to retain some of your information for a longer period, such as in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or defend against legal claims, or to enforce our Terms of Service.
GoodKiddo uses technical and organizational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the website. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
We won’t sell your data
Most of our competition has a “partners” page. This means, people pay them for your data. We see many sites where they make over $1000 in payouts from selling you as a lead. We have never sold clients’ personal information and never will. We also don’t store your search history.
We may also compile certain demographic information from users (such as zip codes, children’s ages) to enable us to improve the service and info which we provide. We may also use this compiled information (but never your individual Personal Information) to share with advertisers for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We want you to know how data is used to show you ads without advertisers knowing who you are. Protecting people’s privacy is central to how we’ve designed our ad system. GoodKiddo does not sell data to advertisers. This includes personal information like your name or the content of your GoodKiddo posts. If you click on or reply to an advertisement or other offer, we may share your reply with the advertiser, and we may log your interaction as part of tracking the overall effectiveness of the advertisement. We may also pre-populate replies to ads you click on with your contact details, but those details are not shared with the advertiser without your consent.
Third party websites
We may also share your non-personal information with service providers and/or data processors to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Platform. These service providers are contractually required to use it only to provide their service to us, and are contractually prohibited from using it for their own purposes. For example, we use a company to help test and analyze the performance of our website and mobile applications. We may also use trusted third party payment processors to accept payments for certain services made available on GoodKiddo.
Amendments to this Policy