How to create a Group
Administrators/organizers of a group decide when to meet, plan activities, and basically run their group. When you start a new group, you’ll be able to edit any information displayed on your Group’s page, and communicate with your Members. It’s simple and easy to start a group. All you need is a desire to create and organize a local, face-to-face community with the members of your group. Here’s how you can create a new Group.
- Log in to your GoodKiddo account and click on the Groups tab.
- Click the “Create a Group” link.
- Enter your Group name. (Tip: a great name tells where you are located and what the group does. For example, San Francisco Playdates for Toddlers).
- Enter your Group description. (Tip: a great description tells what the group is about or what kind of events/activities you’re planning to have with your group members).
- Click “Create Group and Continue“.
- Under Privacy Options, select whether your group will be public, private, or hidden. Public Group meet ups are listed under the Events tab so everyone will be able to see, including non-members of the group.
- Under Group Invitations, select whether all group members, group administrators and moderators only, or group admins only are allowed to invite others. Once done, click “Next Step“.
- You have the option to upload an image to use as a profile photo for your group. Please upload only these file types: JPEG, GIF, PNG. Once successfully done, you can change the position and size by dragging the white square (the image can only be square) and click “Crop Image“. The image will be shown on the main group page, and in search results. We recommend it to help others recognize your group, but if you want to skip the group profile photo upload process, hit the “Next Step” button.
- When you have friends on your account, you will have the option to select people from your friends list to join your group. Select the people from the list by checking the box next to the names. If you need to change anything, click “Back to Previous Step“, otherwise, click “Finish“.